The Mirfield Liturgical Institute
Building on that strength, the Mirfield Liturgical Institute was opened in March 2008, and is an integral part of the College of the Resurrection. The centre draws on century-old commitment to liturgical scholarship, formation and good practice shared by both the college and the Community of the Resurrection.
Our pathways in liturgical studies attract students from the UK and overseas, and can be completed either part, or full-time. There are also sabbatical opportunities for clergy and others on a residential and ecumenical basis, sharing in the life and worship of college and the Community of the Resurrection.
The institute’s vision is to:
• serve the churches by promoting best practice
• serve the academy as a flourishing centre of research
• bring students, clergy and researchers together in collaboration.
Pathways in liturgical studies
• Our BA programme includes modules in liturgy.
• We offer a taught MA in Liturgy for those wishing to continue their liturgical studies; for example, in connection with their ministry or work, or as a sound basis for subsequent doctoral research
Facilities & resources
The centre offers excellent study and residential facilities in the context of Mirfield’s worshipping community. Students have access to teachers and researchers in many areas of liturgical study and its related disciplines, plus two on-site libraries (with substantial and up-to-date holdings in liturgical studies).
Want to know more?
Enquiries and applications are welcome from potential students in the UK and overseas. Please contact the College Secretary: email@example.com